This Broccoli and Chicken Noodle Bowl is a quick and easy weeknight meal. It can be on your table in 30 minutes!
So, Happy New Year to everyone!!! Is your New Year going well so far?? Lots of resolutions??
I usually don’t make any resolutions because I NEVER keep them. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t make them last. Like two weeks would be a real challenge for me! I usually only last 2 days! Someone please tell me their secret to their dedication to keep resolutions.
My husband doesn’t make resolutions either, except to maybe drink more beer.
Just joking! 🙂
I made this broccoli and chicken noodle bowl on a whim a couple of weeks ago. I needed to use up a couple of chicken breasts and a half a package of broccoli. I asked the kids what they wanted for supper and I got the usual answer of mac and cheese.
I DID NOT WANT MAC AND CHEESE! I know what’s wrong with me!! I just wasn’t in the mood for it. It’s the pregnancy, I blame it all on the pregnancy.
So, I had to put my thinking cap on. My husband is a huge mac and cheese fan but he is also a chinese food addict. So, I decided to go that route. Let me tell you it was a hit with both the kids and the husband! Score! Win! Yeah!!
It’s super easy and it will be on your table and in your tummy in 30 minutes! It’s full of tender crisp broccoli, chicken bites and flavorful noodles. Take that mac and cheese! 🙂
Broccoli and Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Toppings optional
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook pasta according to package directions. Add in the broccoli in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain immediately. Add in sauce (reserve 3 tablespoons to cook with chicken)
- While the pasta is cooking heat a large skillet over medium to medium low heat with the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook chicken and with 3 tablespoons of reserved sauce until chicken is no longer pink about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to the broccoli and pasta. Toss to combine. Serve garnished with toppings if desired.