So I know it has been a while since I have posted anything, but my computer had some major issues with it.
I tried fixing it myself and I think I made it worse, so I had to get some professional help.
I didn’t realize how much I relied on my computer until I didn’t have it. Crazy!
So I definitely had time to think of some food to post. 🙂
My family loves pizza! I mean really loves pizza.
Like we eat it at least once a week.
I know pizza pockets have been around for a few years but I have not made them myself and thought I would try them out. I know I am really slow!!
They were a big hit with all of us and they are so easy to eat and go!!
They also work great for lunches and even an after school snack.
My kids really like pepperoni but feel free to change up the toppings to suit your tastes. Just be careful not to put too much in or it will be really hard to seal.
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 2/3 c. milk 100 degrees F
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- 2 TBS. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 1/2 c. bread flour
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- FOR THE DOUGH
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Knead on a floured surface for ten minutes.
- Put in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a towel.
- Let rise for 20 minutes.
- *You can also put everything into your bread machine according to your manufactures instructions.
- FOR THE ASSEMBLY
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Divide the dough in half. (Just makes it easier to work with)
- Roll one of the halves to about a 12x15 inch rectangle.
- You may use a cookie cutter or make a temple out of cardboard. Just something to make circles in your dough. I used a small pyrex bowl that was 6 inches in diameter to make my dough circles. Just cut around the bowl.
- You can also save the scraps to make more pockets.
- Put 2 tsp. of pasta sauce in the middle of the dough circle.
- Top with 1 TBS. shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top with 4 slices of pepperoni.
- Fold dough in half and seal.
- Repeat for other circles.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets or just lightly grease them.
- Bake for 15- 20 min or until golden brown.