This is a Homemade Three Cheese Pizza using homemade pizza dough and sauce. It’s topped with gooey mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan cheese then baked to perfection!
Save it for later and PIN IT
Here is the completed homemade three cheese pizza using my homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce. I know after reading that sentence you are going to think no way, way too much work. BUT… if you remember I have included instructions for freezing the pizza dough and the pizza sauce making it easier to make homemade pizza.
This pizza recipe is my tried and true and I make it A LOT!!! The only difference is I make two pizzas instead of one. My kids, husband and I love this pizza!! I would say we are pretty normal when it comes to our pizza. We like the typical cheese, pepperoni, veggie, and meat toppings. We have not ventured off into the different toppings like eggplant, figs, squash…..too extreme for us. The most extreme we get is this chicken bacon ranch pizza (now that one is good!).
Now you will need a good pizza pan if you want a good pizza. The one you see in this picture is actually a pizza stone. I have used it for many many years and I love it!! There are other pizza pans out there and I used to have an air bake pizza pan which I didn’t like. The crust was always soggy. I also use a baking sheet when I make a rectangular pizza and love it as well.
Another tool that does come in handy but isn’t a deal breaker is the pizza cutter. It just makes life a little simpler but a regular knife will do the job if you don’t have one. 🙂
Ok, now I want to give you some instructions on how to freeze your pizza before you bake it. Now you can have homemade frozen pizza ready and waiting in the freezer!!!
- You will need to par bake your crust. This will ensure that you don’t have a soggy crust. To do this simply roll out your crust and place on your pizza pan. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for around 3-5 minutes. The crust will start to look dry on top but still be very pale in color. We don’t want to overbake the crust just partially bake it.
- Let your crust cool completely before adding any sauce or toppings otherwise, the warm crust will soak up too much sauce and become soggy.
- After the crust has cooled top your pizza as you would normally.
- Place your pizza on a baking sheet if it isn’t already and freeze until solid around 2-3 hours depending on how thick and big your pizza is.
- Once your pizza is frozen wrap it first in plastic wrap and then in foil. Double wrapping it like this will protect against freezer burn and protects it from drying out. Place in your freezer and these can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Now to bake your pizza: remove wrapping and bake as you normally would. That’s it!!!
So now there is no excuse not to enjoy homemade pizza for pizza night. Plus, with all these freezing instructions for the dough, sauce and now the actual pizza you can have any stage of pizza ready in your freezer!!
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1 1/3 cup pizza sauce homemade or store bought
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, pizza stone or pizza pan, set aside.
- Roll the dough into a 14 inch circle then place on your prepared pan. Form a small lip around the edge to hold your toppings in. Top your pizza with the sauce and cheeses. Sprinkle the top with the oregano, basil and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
Read the post for instructions on freezing your pizza before baking.