I absolutely love this easy pumpkin pie recipe – it literally takes only three steps! I guarantee you’re going to enjoy this creamy pie topped with crunchy candied pecans; it’s an incredible mixture of textures and flavors!
Why I Love This Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Topping
This is such an easy pumpkin pie recipe, you’re going to find the step-by-step instructions hard to believe. There are literally three steps to making this pie, and preheating the oven is one of them!
There’s nothing like a classic pumpkin pie, but my love of pecans had me inspired to make the tried and true recipe even better. The candied pecan topping I introduce today gives this pie a little something special – including a delicious crunch! The combination of creamy pumpkin and crunchy candied pecans is irresistible!
Also, as someone who can’t guarantee her pie crust will turn out right every time (as evidenced by today’s photos), I highly recommend using a store-bought crust. It’s yummy, it’ll save you time, and it’ll make Thanksgiving a whole lot less stressful.
More Pie Recipes
Ingredients To Make Pumpkin Pecan Pie
The two components of this recipe are the pumpkin pie and the candied pecans. If you think the ingredient list looks long – don’t worry. All of the pumpkin pie ingredients are going to be thrown into one bowl (minimal effort), and I think you’re going to find that you already have tons of these ingredients in your pantry already.
- Spices: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves
- Pumpkin (can)
- Evaporated Milk
- Unbaked 9” deep dish pie shell
Candied Pecan Ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- Spices: ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
How to Make This Pumpkin Pie and Candied Pecans Recipe
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Make Pumpkin Pie
In a large bowl, combine all of the pie ingredients and pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake the pie for 15 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes.
Step 3: Make Candied Pecans
While the pie is baking, combine brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat this mixture over medium heat until everything is just melted and combined. Stir in the pecans and coat well, and then carefully spoon them over the top of the pie. Continue baking for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow the pie to cool for 2 hours before serving.
Allow it to cool for 2 hours and then store it in the refrigerator either in a covered container or covered with saran wrap or tin foil. It’ll last in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
The choice between evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk largely comes down to preference since both options result in good pies! I prefer to use evaporated milk because then I can better control the amount of sugar that goes into my pie.
I would recommend making it only a day in advance, but definitely no longer than two.
More Pecan Recipes To Try
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Banana Pecan Scones with Caramel Icing
- Skillet Blondie with Bourbon Caramel Pecans
- Caramel Apple Pecan Cake
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Bites
Easy Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9″ deep dish pie shell
- Candied Pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all pie ingredients and pour into pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F and cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Heat over medium heat just until everything is melted and combined. Stir in pecans and coat well. Carefully spoon over top of pie and finish baking for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean (no pumpkin on knife). Cool for 2 hours and store in the refrigerator.