Cheese Breadsticks make the perfect side for Italian night! Easy homemade pizza dough brushed with butter, topped with garlic and herbs, and lots of cheese!
I don’t know about you but I think it’s hard to beat gooey melty cheese. Especially gooey melty cheese on top of bread! *SWOON* #carbsforlife
Well, maybe it can be beat when dunked into some extra pizza sauce.
I mean, pretty much no other food matters, right?!
- Pizza Dough: Use homemade or store bought. This recipe calls for 1 pound of dough.
- Garlic Powder, Oregano, Basil: You could also substitute Italian seasoning for the oregano and basil if you prefer.
- Salt: Just a little bit…..trust me it adds so much flavor. If you are using salted butter you can omit this. I don’t buy salted butter because I like to control the amount of salt I add to food.
- Cheese: I am using mozzarella and parmesan. But feel free to use any great melting cheese.
Easy as 1..2..3
- Shape the breadsticks. You can use a rolling pin or stretch the dough by hand. If you need a little help stretching your dough watch this video on How to Stretch Pizza Dough. I’ll be honest I don’t toss the dough in the air. I stop before that point and use it and it has always turned out fine.
- Top with butter, garlic, cheese, and herbs!
- Bake! I like to bake mine on a baking stone but you can also use a cookie sheet or this pizza pan.
Have an Italian night in with these Cheese Breadsticks!
Skip going out to eat or take out and make your own instead. Here are a few options to get you thinking:
- Use this Homemade Cheese Pizza as your base and choose your own toppings.
- Cheese Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Skillet Lasagna
- 1 pound (550g) pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (225g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup (40g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, pizza stone or pizza pan, set aside.
- Roll or stretch the dough into a 12×10" rectangle. (Don't worry about this being perfect)
- Combine the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush over the shaped dough. Top with cheeses, herbs, and salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Slice into breadsticks and serve with pizza sauce if desired.
- If you are using a pizza stone: Preheat the stone while making the pizza. Be sure to make your pizza on a peel or a piece of parchment paper. Slide the pizza off the peel and on to the stone or transfer the pizza parchment paper and all on to the hot stone.
- Nutrition facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.