This Cheese Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is made easy using store bought ravioli and made extra decadent with a simple garlic mushroom cream sauce!
Save it for later and PIN IT
This cheese ravioli in creamy mushroom sauce is to die for you guys!! I love this recipe for several reasons:
- It comes together in a flash. I used store bought three cheese ravioli to help make things easier. Ravioli is one thing I haven’t attempted to make homemade yet. Someday I would like to try but for now, I will take a little help from the store. This dish doesn’t take long from start to finish and another time saver is buying the already sliced mushrooms 🙂
- It tastes phenomenal because the cheese ravioli is bathed in a luscious garlicy mushroom sauce. The sauce starts by browning the mushrooms and onions until golden. Then add in the garlic and flour. Stir in the broth, cream and Parmesan cheese. Let all this simmer until slightly thickened then add in the cooked ravioli. Toss to coat and you are ready to serve!
- It can be served as an everyday weeknight meal or served to company. It is very versatile!! Just add on some garnishes of chopped parsley and grated Parmesan and it makes this dish look like it came from a restaurant!!
Serve this cheese ravioli in mushroom cream sauce along with a tossed side salad and some crusty bread. YUM!!! Or serve with these simple roasted green beans, garlic cheddar biscuits and then top it off with this dark chocolate peanut butter no bake cheesecake for dessert.
The kids and husband went crazy for this dish and it has definitely become one of our new favorites!
So, this is a great meal to have in your back pocket for those times you need something quick and don’t have a lot of energy to pour into making dinner. Because like I have said before I need easy meals!! Growing a baby is hard work! 😉
- 1 1/2-2 pounds cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms I like baby portabella
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley and grated Parmesan for garnish optional
Cook ravioli according to package directions. Take care not to overcook or the ravioli may fall apart.
While the ravioli is cooking prepare the sauce. In a large skillet cook the mushrooms, onion and butter over medium heat until mushrooms are golden brown (about 5-7 minutes). Stir in the garlic and flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add in the cooked ravioli and gently toss to coat. Top with optional garnish if desired. Serve immediately.