This taco dip with cream cheese is the perfect appetizer, side dish, or condiment! This cheesy dip is seasoned with all the best spices and then layered with salsa, beans, lettuce, cheese, and onions. You can make this dip ahead of time and snack on it throughout the week, or bring it along to a cookout!
Why I Love This Taco Dip with Cream Cheese
This taco dip is a great choice to take along to any party or get-together. It is a real crowd-pleaser!
It’s made with seasoned cream cheese, black beans, salsa, cheese, lettuce, and green onions. You could even use a combination of cheeses too!
This delicious dip is quick and easy to put together, and it can be made in advance. So, get your tortilla chips ready to scoop up some of this yummy goodness!
Ingredients to Make This Taco Dip
Cream cheese is going to be your yummy base, and then you’ll need to stir in some chili, cumin, onion, and garlic powders. If you want to make this quicker, mix up a big batch of our homemade taco seasoning ahead of time.
After your cream cheese is seasoned, you can fold in the other ingredients:
- Black Beans: Drained and rinsed
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Or a combination of your favorite cheese. We love adding pepper jack!
- Green Onions: chopped
How to Make This Taco Dip Recipe
Step 1: Mix Cream Cheese
Beat together the cream cheese, chili powder, cumin, onion, and garlic powder until the cream cheese mixture is smooth. Spread it onto the bottom of a serving dish.
Step 2: Layer
Top the cream cheese with salsa, black beans, lettuce, cheese, and onions. Enjoy!
The easy answer is room temperature. You can serve it immediately after you make it which would mean it’s probably at room temperature, or you can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
You can make it a couple of days before you’d like to serve as long as you keep it covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Make sure your lettuce is dry, and use more of a chunky salsa instead of a runny one. The moisture is what will ultimately make your dip runny, so if you minimize the moisture it’ll stay fresh longer.
Ways to Enjoy Taco Dip:
- Our favorite way is to enjoy it with tortilla chips as a snack!
- Use it as a spread in a taco, burrito, or quesadilla.
- Top your scrambled eggs with a spoonful of your taco dip.
- Dip carrots, cucumbers, or bell peppers in the dip if you’re feeling particularly healthy!
- Use the dip as a topping to some lettuce, along with some crumbled tortilla chips. Taco salad, ta-da!
- Add ground beef as the bottom layer for a more protein-rich dish.
More Recipes To Try
- Taco Chees Ball Board
- Easy Taco Soup
- Taco Pasta
- Chile Con Queso Dip
- Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Ranch
Taco Dip with Cream Cheese
- 1 pkg. 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c shredded lettuce
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions chopped
- Beat cream cheese, chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic powder until smooth. Spread onto bottom of a serving plate.
- Top with salsa, black beans, lettuce, cheese and onions.