This Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole would be perfect for those savory breakfast lovers on Christmas morning. Just layer everything in your slow cooker and let it do the rest for you.
If you haven’t noticed I am on a breakfast trend this week. A slow cooker breakfast trend. Just trying out some of my favorite breakfast casseroles in the crock pot to make things a little easier and give you guys a few options for Christmas morning.
Because who wants to start off Christmas morning standing in front of the stove?? Not me!! I would rather be opening presents with my family! 🙂
Then enjoy a nice breakfast together with minimal fuss! Perfect, am I right?!?
I love a good breakfast casserole. And I am not an egg lover at all. Like they are close to the bottom of my list. I don’t know why, I just don’t enjoy them all that much.
Until, this pregnancy. Totally weird for me but I have actually craved eggs. Scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs on toast, egg casseroles, french toast….you get the idea. I still can’t do the runny yolk thing, but hey baby steps here, baby steps.
Breakfast or egg casseroles whichever you prefer to call them are probably one of my favorite ways to enjoy eggs. You can put so many other goodies in there and make it a really hearty and flavorful breakfast with minimal effort.
So, do you like eggs?? What is your favorite way to enjoy them??
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound of smoked sausage or you can use ham
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 20 oz package southwestern style hash browns
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Your favorite salsa
- Lightly grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, onion, hash browns and chilies. Spoon into prepared crock.
- In the same bowl beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. In the last 15 minutes of cooking top with shredded cheese, cover and finish cooking. Serve with salsa.