What’s not to love about S’more Cookie Bars? This easy recipe is filled with sweet and gooey marshmallow creme paired with rich milk chocolate that is layered between a chewy graham cracker cookie crust.
There’s just something so incredibly yummy about s’mores. Whether you’re eating them in the forms of cookies or the traditional way, no matter the method, the bite is always filled with nostalgic memories.
Sometimes, it’s not always realistic to have a fire at home. Because we couldn’t make a fire, I decided to try out these amazing s’more cookie bars in the oven instead.
Why This Recipe Works
- So easy to make with my easy homemade graham cracker crust recipe.
- Perfect for all seasons
- Minimal ingredients
Ingredients For S’mores Bars
All you need for these s’more cookie bars are just a handful of simple pantry baking ingredients. You’ll need brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, milk chocolate bars, and marshmallow creme.
How to Make This Recipe
PREHEAT OVEN: Preheat oven and prepare pan. Set aside.
BEAT SUGAR AND BUTTER: With a hand mixer on medium speed, combine the sugar and butter. Add the egg and vanilla.
COMBINE INGREDIENTS: Fold in the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
PRESS THE DOUGH: Press one half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan with parchment paper. Lift the parchment paper and dough out of the pan and set aside. Repeat with rest of the dough.
LAYER THE COOKIE BARS: Layer with chocolate, marshmallow creme, and the top cookie layer.
BAKE: Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Cool bars completely or refrigerate before slicing and serving.
Tips for Easy S’mores Bars
- Make both of the cookie layers at the same time before layering all the ingredients. This uses an extra piece of parchment paper, but I found it to work the best!
- If your house is on the warm side or the bars or not incredibly firm, then you can place them in the freezer or refrigerator to harden them up.
- Marshmallow creme is crucial to this recipe. Mini marshmallows do not work well, but I have not tried the jumbo marshmallows.
Yes! You can freeze these s’mores cookie bars. Make sure you place them in an airtight storage container or bag.
If you can manage to keep them around, these cookie bars will last in an airtight container at room temperature for a week.
This recipe makes nine nicely sized cookie bars, but feel free to cut them into smaller sizes if you would prefer!
- No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Easy Berry Cheesecake Cups
- Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- S’mores Icebox Cake
- Caramel S’more Dip
A few other great summertime desserts are: No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake, Easy Berry Cheesecake Cups, Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies, Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake, or just visit my desserts page for tons of options!
These S'more Cookie Bars are a great way to enjoy a s'more when you can't toast your 'mallows over a fire. Filled with milk chocolate, gooey marshmallow, and a graham cracker cookie crust.
- 3/4 cup (125g) packed brown sugar (dark or light)
- ½ cup (115g) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups (160g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (100g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (1.55oz)(43g) milk chocolate bars
- 1 (7oz)(198g) marshmallow creme
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Beat the brown sugar and butter on medium speed until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix just until combined. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined.
Divide dough in half and press one half of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Lift the parchment paper and dough out of the pan and set aside (this is the top layer). Line baking pan with a clean piece of parchment paper and press remaining dough into the pan. Layer with chocolate bars, marshmallow creme, and top cookie layer.
Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Cool bars completely or even refrigerate if your house is warm for cleaner cut bars.
- This will make 9 nice sized bars but feel free to cut into smaller squares!