These delicious s’more brownies are a mixture of everyone’s favorite treats! Layer fudgy brownies, graham cracker crust, and ooey gooey marshmallow topping for the ultimate campfire treat.
Why We Love S’more Brownies
How can anyone resist s’mores? It’s literally in the name, once you have one you’re going to need s’more! There’s melty chocolate and gooey marshmallows, all sandwiched between that buttery graham cracker crunch.
Now imagine that classic treat combined with moist chocolatey brownies! These S’mores Brownies have all of that, but they’re better! Kids and adults alike will flock to you for this dessert.
More Brownie Recipes
- Try Mint Brownies, which evoke elements of the classic Thin Mint!
- But when it comes to mint, peppermint patties take the cake (or brownie). Try our Peppermint Patty Brownies with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top for a next-level sundae.
- Whip up this Raspberry Brownie Frozen Yogurt Dessert for a fruity brownie variation.
- Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies are made with a cake box mix so they’re so simple to whip up!
Ingredients to Make This S’more-Inspired Brownie Recipe
Start with the base, or should I say – crust! All you’ll need are graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
For the brownies, you’ll need a few more ingredients but thankfully they’re not complicated.
- Cocoa powder
- Refrigerator Staples: Butter, eggs.
- Pantry Staples: Sugar, baking powder, flour.
- Hot water
- Chocolate chips
Then to finish off the s’more trifecta with a topping, you’ll need a bag of mini marshmallows.
How to Make This Brownie Recipe
Step 1: Preheat and Prep
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 pan. Set your pan aside.
Step 2: Make Graham Cracker Crust
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the ingredients for the crust and then press it into your greased pan in an even layer. Bake the graham cracker crust for 12 minutes.
Step 3: Make Brownie Batter
In a large bowl, combine the brownie ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Pour the batter over the crust and sprinkle it with the chips.
Step 4: Bake and Broil
Bake the brownies for 20 minutes, or just until it’s set. Remove the brownie from the oven and top it with marshmallows. Put the dish back in the oven under the broiler for about a minute and 15 seconds. Be sure to watch them closely so they don’t burn.
Step 5: Cool
Allow your brownies to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Swap the water for milk. Milk has fat in it so it’ll make your brownies extra moist and fudgy.
A Girl Scout leader is believed to be the inventor! The recipe was first published in a Girl Scout book in 1927.
More Recipes To Try
- Zucchini Brownies are moist and they’re vegetables, so you can enjoy them knowing you’re getting some veggie content!
- Try these One Bowl Cocoa Brownies for a super easy and minimal cleanup recipe.
- Go back to basics with the classic Homemade Chewy Brownies!
- S’more Cookie Bars are another delicious take on the campfire classic and they maintain that sandwiched element.
- Gather around the table and dig into Caramel S’more Dip with some graham crackers!
- S’mores Icebox Cake has marshmallow whipped cream in it – enough said!
- 3 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c butter melted
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 2 TBSP hot water
- 1 2/3 c sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl. stir together ingredients for the crust and press into prepared pan in an even layer. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine first 8 brownie ingredients and stir to combine. Pour over crust and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or just until set. Remove for oven and top with marshmallows . Place under broiler for a couple of minutes and be sure to watch them closely.
- Let brownies cool completely before serving.