These Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes are simple, soft, and fluffy. They are perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a simple weekday breakfast!
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
Breakfast is hands down my favorite meal of the day! I could eat it for all 3 meals in fact!
And I pretty much love any breakfasty food but when I think of breakfast I instantly think of pancakes. Simple buttermilk pancakes smothered in butter and syrup….it doesn’t get much better than that folks!
Some other breakfasts that we love are these Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks, Bean and Cheese Breakfast Tacos, and these Freezer Breakfast Ham Egg and Cheese Sandwiches (I like to keep a stash in my freezer!).
Soft and fluffy, these pancakes are ready to soak up all the maple syrup and melted butter! The pancake batter is super easy to make, which is very important when it’s too early in the morning to think, lol!
This a great staple recipe that everyone should have on hand. No need to buy that box of pre-made mix!
If you like the box mix for the convenience, measure out the dry ingredients into a plastic bag and write the needed liquid ingredients and their quantities on the bag. Now it’s ready to go whenever you need it!
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
In my opinion, pancakes shouldn’t be complicated. Yes, you can make fancier pancakes with all the add-ins but I prefer to keep them simple and let my guests decide how to top them.
These would be great for a buffet style breakfast or a pancake bar. Keeping the pancakes simple (yet delicious) allows your guests or family to choose what to add.
I like to offer different berries, freshly whipped cream, powdered sugar, butter, syrup, and mini chocolate chips for topping options.
They would also be great topped with honey and nuts, jams, or even fruit flavored cream cheese!
Don’t be afraid to go crazy with all the toppings either……..it’s like having dessert for breakfast! What could be better than that??
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PANCAKES
- Eggs of any kind (scrambled, fried, poached….)
- Sausage links or patties
- All the pancake toppings! (fresh fruit, syrup, butter, honey, nuts, whipped cream, cream cheese of any kind, jam
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups (250g) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (475ml) buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add buttermilk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir until combined. Small lumps are ok.
- Lightly grease the pan with butter. Pour ¼ cupfuls onto heated skillet/griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles start to form (about 1 minute). Flip and cook 1-2 more minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
- I don’t recommend subbing in homemade buttermilk (milk+vinegar) for this recipe. It’s not thick enough and doesn’t make tall fluffy pancakes.
- Freezer friendly: Cooled pancakes can be stored in a plastic ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Nutrition Facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate. The nutrition information is for 1 pancake.