This Cheesy Corned Beef Hash with Baked Eggs is an easy one pan breakfast recipe! Filled with meat, potatoes and eggs makes for a hearty and satisfying breakfast!
Save it for later and PIN IT
How about a hearty one pan breakfast to start off your day?? This cheesy corned beef hash with baked eggs will definitely fit that bill!! It’s filled with chunks of corned beef, crispy potatoes, onions, bell peppers then topped with swiss cheese and eggs. YUM!!! This is my husband’s breakfast of choice because it has eggs and potatoes. As you know that is the only way he will eat breakfast!!
So, if you have some leftover corned beef (I know almost impossible, right!!!) be sure to give this dish a try. Or some other wonderful hearty breakfast options I have are this Hashbrown Sausage Breakfast Pie, Breakfast Enchiladas, Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole or this Southwest Corn Cake Stack (<- another one of the hubs favs!)
Now, this corned beef hash is really easy to prepare because you guys know how I feel about easy meals. They are a must!! Start with your potatoes and cook them in the skillet with either some olive oil or butter until they start to brown then add the onion, bell pepper and corned beef. Stir this around and cook until the onions and peppers start to soften then stir in the garlic. Now it’s time to top this skillet off with some cheese!! You guys knew I had to add in some cheese somewhere!
I sprinkle almost all of the cheese on top of the hash then top it with the eggs. Then with the remaining cheese sprinkle it on top of the eggs. This bakes in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or just until the whites of the eggs are set. This will give you those nice runny yolks but if you would like your eggs on the firmer side just cook them a little longer.
My kiddos even love this dish! (They take after their father 🙂 ) Well, actually they will eat just about any breakfast dish I throw their way! If I can manage to save some corned beef I usually make this for dinner instead of breakfast. It’s hearty enough to satisfy them and none of us mind eating breakfast for dinner.
So, make it your mission to save a little corned beef this year and plan on making this wonderfully delicious cheesy corned beef hash with baked eggs. If you like big hearty breakfasts with potatoes and eggs I promise you won’t be disappointed!!
- 3 small to medium russet potatoes; peeled washed and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2- 2 cups fully cooked diced corned beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 6-8 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large oven safe skillet or cast iron skillet cook the potatoes in the olive oil or butter over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook just until the potatoes start to brown about 5-7 minutes. Add in the onion, pepper and corned beef and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Stir in the garlic then remove from heat. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top then crack the eggs on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or just until the whites are set. This will give you runny yolks so if you would like your eggs firmer cook them a little longer. Serve immediately.