Oh, these beans. These Bacon Baked Beans are out of this world. They are a close runner up to my dad’s. He makes the BEST baked beans in his smoker. He doesn’t have an official recipe, he just goes by taste, as all great cooks do.
These beans are made easy by using your slow cooker. Just crisp up some bacon then throw everything into the crock and forget about it.
These would be great to serve with these Sausage and Veggie Kabobs, or a Beer Can Chicken. I got behind this week and wanted to get this posted sooner, like before the weekend, but it’s the end of the school year and so it has become insanely busy around here. Actually, I don’t know when it isn’t busy around here!! 🙂
Well, I suppose I’ll wrap this post up. Hope everyone had a great Memorial weekend!!
Bacon Baked Beans
- 4 15.5 oz cans northern beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/3-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 6 slices thick cut bacon fried and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon bourbon optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on high for about 6 hours or until beans are soft and have changed from white to amber. Sauce with thicken after beans have cooled a little.