This Snickers Apple Salad recipe is a super easy dessert salad that’s great to take to potlucks, picnics, and family gatherings! Full of crisp apples, creamy vanilla pudding, and chocolate Snickers bars, it’s guaranteed to be the first to go!
Snickers Apple Salad
This salad has been a family treasure for a very long time! The recipe has changed over the years but is still one of my absolute favorites. I used to request this for my birthday almost every year after my Aunt first brought it! Now, it’s one of my kiddos’ favorites too!
This is another one of those “salads” my husband would argue with my mom over (my Triple Berry Pretzel Salad was also up for debate!). They would go back and forth about how this is/isn’t a “salad.” In my husband’s mind, a salad is full of leafy greens and something he would prefer not to eat. My apple Snicker salad is definitely more of a dessert salad, but hey, it’s only your birthday once a year right?!
It’s so easy to put together and requires minimal ingredients. There’s no cooking or baking required — all you need to do is prepare the pudding, then combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. A no-bake dessert that’s sure to please a crowd? Sign me up!
Why You’ll Love This Snicker Apple Salad
- Uses only 5 ingredients
- Fun and unique dessert idea
- Easy to make
- Perfectly tart and sweet!
Key Ingredients to Make Apple Snicker Salad
- MILK – You can use your milk of choice here. I’ve never tried to make my Snicker apple salad recipe with plant-based milk, but if you stay away from dairy products, it’s worth a try! Whatever milk you use, make sure that it’s ice cold.
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING – I used instant pudding to save time. All you need to do is add the milk, wait a few minutes, and it’s ready!
- WHIPPED TOPPING – Cool Whip is the obvious choice here, but you can use your preferred brand.
- APPLES – I typically use large Granny Smith and Macintosh apples. I love the extra pop of red.
- SNICKERS BARS – It wouldn’t be a Snickers apple salad recipe without Snickers! You’ll need 5 full-size candy bars.
Instructions to Make This Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
MAKE THE PUDDING: In a large bowl, whisk the cold milk into the instant pudding and let it stand for 1-2 minutes until the pudding begins to set.
CHOP THE APPLES AND SNICKERS BARS: If you haven’t already, chop the apples and candy bars. The apples should be in slices and the Snickers should be in cubes about 1 inch in size.
ASSEMBLE THE SNICKER SALAD: Add the apples, Snickers, and whipped topping to the bowl with the pudding and gently fold to combine. Store your Snicker salad in a fridge until you’re ready to serve and enjoy!
Tips for this Snickers Apple Salad
- Snicker apple salad is best made and served on the same day. It can be made several hours in advance, but it’s not best to make it and let it sit overnight.
- Most recipes call for only Granny Smith apples, but I like to add a little color and include a few red apples.
- I have used vanilla, french vanilla, and cheesecake-flavored pudding in this apple Snicker salad, and they are all great choices. My favorite happens to be the cheesecake!
- If you prefer, you can also make your own whipped cream to replace the Cool Whip. Simply whip 1 ½ cups cold heavy whipping cream with ¼ cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
If brown apples are a concern, you can soak them in a mixture of lemon or lime juice and water. for about 5 minutes. Remove from the water, pat dry, and you won’t have to worry about brown apples!
As I mentioned, I typically use an assortment of green and red apples for my Snicker apple salad recipe. You can technically use whatever kind of apples you’d like. I personally love the combination of tart and green Granny Smith with a slightly sweeter red apple, like Macintosh!
Remember that this dessert salad is best enjoyed the day it was prepared. If you do have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge where they will keep for up to 24 hours. If you leave it for any longer, the excess moisture from the apples will cause the salad to go soggy.
More Apple Dessert Recipes to Try
Snickers Apple Salad
- 1 ½ cups (354ml) cold milk
- 1 (3.4oz) (96g) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8oz) (226g) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 medium to large apples, chopped
- 5 full size snickers bars, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the milk and vanilla pudding. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until the pudding starts to set up. Gently fold in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I like to reserve a few chopped candy bars to garnish the salad with.
- This is best made and served on the same day. It can be made several hours in advance but it’s not best to make and let sit overnight.
- Most recipes call for only Granny Smith apples but I like to add a little color and add in a few red apples.
- I have used vanilla, french vanilla, and cheesecake flavored pudding in this salad and they are all great choices. My favorite happens to be the cheesecake!
- If you prefer you can also make your own whipped cream to replace the cool whip with, whip 1 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks. Choosing this option it’s best to make the salad only a few hours before serving.
- Nutrition Facts calculated using: 2% milk, Regular instant vanilla pudding, and Regular whipped topping