This Cheese Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Ravioli Sauce is sophisticated, savory, and decadent. Tender ravioli stuffed with cheese and topped in a homemade garlic mushroom ravioli cream sauce.
This is seriously the best sauce for ravioli! It elevates the dish and makes it extra fancy, so it’s great for entertaining.
It’s fast and easy enough that you can make it when time is short because it comes together in a flash.
Why You’ll Love Mushroom Cream Sauce For Ravioli
- Quick and easy
- Starts with frozen cheese ravioli
- Best sauce for ravioli
- Creamy & decadent
- Family friendly
How To Make Mushroom Ravioli Cream Sauce
Step 1: Cook cheese ravioli
Following the packaging directions, cook the cheese ravioli.
Step 2: Prepare the mushroom ravioli sauce
Combine the mushrooms, onions, and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for around 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown.
Gently stir in the flour and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the broth and cream. Add the parmesan cheese, pepper, and salt. Simmer for 7 minutes or until the mushroom ravioli cream sauce has thickened.
Step 3: Combine
Add the cheese ravioli to the sauce and toss gently. Add parsley or oregano as a garnish, serve, and devour!
Best Sauce For Ravioli Tips
- Don’t overcook the ravioli – This is a KEY step! Overcooking the ravioli will lead to a mushy dish that isn’t appealing. So, cook the cheese ravioli until it’s al dente.
- Garnishes are fun – Not only do they taste great, but they make the mushroom ravioli cream sauce even fancier. Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, and some sauteed mushrooms all make fantastic garnishes.
- Tortellini works too! Want to change up this mushroom ravioli recipe? No problem, swap the ravioli for tortellini instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cool the mushroom ravioli cream sauce and place it in a food container. Add a lid and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
NOTE: Keep in mind that when you reheat mushroom ravioli sauce, the texture will be slightly different. It will still taste great though!
I prefer to make this mushroom ravioli recipe with baby portabella mushrooms. You could also use white bottom mushrooms or crimini mushrooms. This dish is very forgiving so there is some wiggle room for variety.
What To Serve With This Mushroom Cream Sauce For Ravioli?
Serve with a simple side salad or these simple roasted green beans. You have to have some bread to soak up that lovely sauce! Try these garlic cheddar biscuits or even just some crusty bread from the store.
And don’t forget about dessert. Make this dark chocolate peanut butter no bake cheesecake for a grand finale!
This Cheese Ravioli in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is made easy using store bought ravioli and made extra decadent with a simple garlic mushroom cream sauce!
- 1½-2 pounds cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms I like baby portabella
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley and grated Parmesan for garnish optional
Cook ravioli according to package directions. Take care not to overcook or the ravioli may fall apart.
While the ravioli is cooking prepare the sauce. In a large skillet cook the mushrooms, onion, and butter over medium heat until mushrooms are golden brown (about 5-7 minutes). Stir in the garlic and flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add in the cooked ravioli and gently toss to coat. Top with optional garnish if desired. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.