This Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is a healthier homemade version! It takes less than 30 minutes to make, tastes way better, and you control the sodium!
*Originally published January 2015. Recipe, text, and photos updated.*
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
How many of you love Hamburger Helper but don’t like the ingredients??? Well, this homemade version solves that!
It’s made with real food so you can pronounce everything that goes into it and it’s still made in under 30 minutes!! YEAH!!
Also, try my original Homemade Hamburger Helper! It’s a popular one and for good reason!
Super Easy Ground Beef Recipes
As I mentioned this cheeseburger pasta skillet is super easy! It’s made all in one pot and requires you to only chop an onion. See super easy!
Plus, it’s one of the most kid-friendly meals out there. I know my kids love it when I make it and I often double the recipe. If you do just use a pot instead of a skillet to hold everything. Trust me!
Keep this recipe in your back pocket for those crazy nights you need dinner on the table fast. Plus, it’s made with mostly pantry staples so it’s a great one for those nights you forgot to plan dinner!
Plus, it makes great leftovers. I will often send my kids to school with a thermos full of one of my pasta skillets.
And you can also sneak in all sorts of extra veggies! I often shred zucchini and stir in while browning the ground beef and no one ever complains. Even my husband!
Some other veggies you could disguise in here are bell pepper, squash, carrots, even spinach. Just chop small enough to blend in and most will just think it’s seasonings. #momhack
What to serve with Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- A simple side salad
- Fresh fruit
- Bread and butter
- Any roasted vegetable such as these Simple Roasted Green Beans, or Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli (one of my kid’s fav ways to eat broccoli!)
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet (Hamburger Helper)
- 1 pound (500g) lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1¾ cup (415ml) low sodium beef broth
- 1½ cup (355ml) milk (use any type)
- 1 (8oz)(227g) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 cups (250g) dry elbow pasta
- 2 cups (165g) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown ground beef with onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Stir in broth, milk, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, and pasta. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender (stir occasionally to prevent sticking). Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Feel free to add any chopped veggie to this. Just make small enough to disguise it!
- Nutrition Facts: Nutrition was calculated using low sodium beef broth and skim milk. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.