Slow Cooker Apple Cider is stewed with orange rind, cinnamon, clove, and allspice for the ultimate holiday beverage! It’s basically Christmas in a cup, and it will warm you from the inside out!
Do you love apple cider but feel overwhelmed by the thought of making your own? Well, it’s one of my personal favorite drinks, so I’ve found a shortcut so you don’t have to!
The key here is – bear with me – storebought apple cider as the base. This recipe then adds natural flavors, stews everything together in the slow cooker for hours on end, and transforms that storebought cider into the best thing to grace your tongue since you tasted chocolate for the first time.
Not to mention, your house is going to smell FANTASTIC! Get ready to brew up a slow cooker full of this cider for the next gathering you have (or the entire holiday season, if you’re anything like me), and everyone who walks into your house is going to feel like they were enveloped in a warm hug!
Everyone from your grandma to your little ones are going to enjoy this beverage, so I hope you all grab a cup of Slow Cooker Apple Cider and sit around the fire together to share love and laughter.
(Just try to let it cool – I’ve burned my mouth more times than I can count!)
Ingredients and Instructions
Yes, it’s storebought, but let’s not be fussy about these things! We’re all busy and doing our best. Storebought apple cider isn’t going to ruin us.
Goodness, I love maple syrup. It’s a natural sweetener that will give your cider a rounded sweetness tinged with holiday spirit.
You’re going to use the orange peeling in this recipe! It steeps in your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and pulls out the delicious citrus extract.
- Cinnamon stick
Then, this is the best part: All you have to do is combine your ingredients in the slow cooker! Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 5-6 hours. You’re welcome for the smell! 🙂
- Want to get fancy? Serve this in a mug with a cinnamon stick and orange slice!
- If you’re making this for adults, you can add a splash of your favorite whiskey or rum.
- You may have extra ingredients and feel inspired to go crazy – go for it (within moderation). You can include some orange slices in the slow cooker if you’d like, but you’d have to strain out the fruit before serving.
- Throw some cranberries in there!
Hungry for More?
Have some apples on hand? Here are a few more related recipes I think you’ll love!
- Pomegranate Apple Cider Sangria
- Praline Apple Muffins
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Apple Crisp
- Apple Crumb Cake
Don’t forget to leave a star rating and review down below so I know how you liked this recipe!
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup
- Peeling from 1/2 of a large orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients into a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.