These Cheddar Bacon Potatoes are an easy side dish that is full of smokey, cheesy goodness. They are great for a summer bbq because you can also make them on the grill!
My husband will also eat the leftovers with an egg on top for breakfast, total man food!
School is almost out for the year and I think I’m more excited than the kids! I can’t wait to sleep in (what’s that?!?!?) and not have to drive everyday to drop them off and pick them up from school. It just eats up the day. I usually am in the middle of something and happen to look up at the clock (thank goodness I looked!) and panic because I should have left to pick them up like 10 minutes ago!!
Luckily, I am not the last one there to pick them up (most of the time 😉 ) I don’t want to be that parent that always forgets their kids, although I wonder what would happen if I did, just kidding 🙂 (you hope!)
Anyway, these potatoes would be a great side dish to serve with any picnic food–brats, hot dogs, hamburgers even steak!
Cheddar Bacon Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes washed and sliced into thin slices
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 strips of thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 - 1 cup bbq sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Layer the potatoes, onion, garlic and crumbled bacon in prepared baking pan. (I did this in 2 layers) Top with cheese and bbq sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered or until potatoes are tender. Watch towards the end if starting to brown too much cover with foil.