These Grilled Jalapeno Poppers are filled with gooey, melty cheese, wrapped in smokey bacon, and then to top it all off, they’re then grilled to perfection. Enjoy these jalapeño poppers at your next barbecue alongside burgers or steaks!
So, all you need to know about these grilled jalapeno poppers is that 1. They are extremely easy to make, and 2. They taste so dang good! Okay, I guess you also need to know how to make them but we’ll get to that. The most important thing is that they’re simply tasty!
Full of zesty, savory, cheesy flavor, these poppers are going to be flying off the grill and straight into people’s mouths. I’m telling you, they’re so addictive you’re going to be batting your guest’s hands away!
They’re perfect for anything from a weeknight side dish to a game day appetizer, or just a delicious snack. People of all ages enjoy this simple dish and they pair well with so much!
Ingredients to Make Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
There are few things I love more than creating recipes that use only a couple of ingredients and are so easy to make! This recipe only calls for a handful of simple elements that all work together to create a party in your mouth.
First, there are the jalapenos, of course! Be sure to clean them out carefully with gloves and/or wash your hands directly after handling them.
Then the stuffing of the poppers will consist of cheesy heaven! You’ll mix together cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, and onion and garlic powder. Simple!
Finally, you’ll wrap your popper up with bacon to give it that delicious smokey flavor.
(I know, just writing this is making me hungry!)
Step 1: Prepare
Preheat the grill to medium heat and clean and oil the grates. Then in a small bowl, you combine softened cream cheese, cheddar, onion powder, and garlic powder and set the mixture aside.
Step 2: Cut and Fill Jalapeno
Carefully cut each jalapeno in half horizontally, but be sure to leave the steam intact. You should try to split the stem in half too. Use a spoon to scrape out the ribs and seeds. Wear gloves and/or wash immediately after you’re done. Then Fill each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture and wrap a piece of bacon around the pepper. Make sure to wrap so that the bacon covers the cheese filling.
Step 3: Secure and Grill
Secure the bacon with 1-2 toothpicks and place the poppers on the grill cheese side down first. Grill for a total of 15 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through. Turn often!
Turn your poppers often to help avoid flare-ups! If turning doesn’t quell the flare-ups, place a piece of foil on the grates and place the poppers on top.
I think homemade buttermilk ranch dressing would be superb with these poppers, as well as a blue cheese dip.
No! In fact, it mellows out their spice a little bit and adds that delicious grilled smoky flavor.
Hungry for more?
And here are a few more related recipes I think you’ll love!
Don’t forget to leave a star rating and review down below so I know how you liked this recipe!
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder garlic powder
- 5 small jalapenos
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Clean and oil grates.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar, onion powder and garlic powder, set aside.
- Carefully cut each jalapeno in half horizontally leaving the stem intact (try to split the stem in half too) Using a spoon scrape out the ribs and seeds. Wear gloves while doing this or wash immediately after you are done.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture then wrap a piece of bacon around the pepper. Make sure to wrap well and cover all of the cheese. Secure bacon with 1-2 toothpicks. Place on the grill cheese side down first and grill for a total of 15 minutes (or until bacon is cooked through) Watch your peppers carefully and turn often to help avoid flare ups. If flare ups are becoming a problem place a piece of foil on the grates then place peppers on top.