So football season is here. Another reason for my husband to drink his beer and hang with his guy friends. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
I don’t really get into the games the way my husband does. The Sunday game is a big deal around here and Monday and Thursday and whatever other day football is on.
However I like the football food. Like these loaded baked potato wedges. They are completely customizable (is that even a word??) which is sooo nice because you can pile them with whatever you want.
I like to pile them high with cheese, bacon, sour cream and green onions, yum! They are crispy, hearty and satisfying. Great man food right!
- 4 large potatoes baked
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 6-8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- Cut each potato in 4 wedges.
- Place wedges on a greased baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper.
- Brush over entire potato wedge.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Return to oven to bake for 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and onions.