Loaded Potato Wedges are the game-day appetizer you’ve been longing for! Enjoy this customizable potato snack piled high with the toppings of your dreams. Bacon, cheese, green onions, or even a dollop of chili will perfectly complement these crispy potato wedges!
Loaded Potato Wedges
These potato wedges are delicious whether it’s football season or not, but somehow this appetizer tastes better and flies off the platter faster when a game is on the television.
The wedges are baked to be perfectly crispy, then piled high with yummy toppings. You can even customize the toppings each time you serve your crispy potato wedges so they never get old!
Why You’ll Love This Crispy Potato Wedges Recipe
- Easy to make
- Perfect for parties
- Full of tasty flavors
- Made with minimal ingredients
- The ultimate appetizer!
Ingredients to Make This Roasted Potato Wedges Appetizer
This roasted potato wedges recipe is made with easy-to-find ingredients — most of which I’m willing to bet you already have at home! Start with the potatoes, then you’ll need some seasonings and yummy toppings.
- LARGE POTATOES: I recommend using russet potatoes as they’re low in moisture and high in starch. They’ll crisp up really nicely as they bake!
- OLIVE OIL: For roasting.
- PARMESAN CHEESE: I love the way Parmesan tastes with the other flavors!
- SALT: A must for all savory dishes.
- PEPPER: Same goes for pepper!
- GARLIC POWDER :To add even more yummy flavor to your cheesy potato wedges.
- PAPRIKA: Feel free to use regular paprika or smoked for a more complex flavor.
- BACON: Make sure to use cooked bacon, then crumble it up into smaller pieces.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: It wouldn’t be potato wedges with cheese without adding cheddar!
- SOUR CREAM: My family and I love to include a dollop of sour cream on top. It’s fresh and tangy and works wonderfully with the warm potatoes, cheddar, and spices.
- GREEN ONIONS: For a garnish!
As you can see, my family loves Parmesan cheese, bacon strips, cheddar cheese (yes, more cheese), sour cream, and green onions for our roasted potato wedges. Keep in mind that you can add whatever you want, though!
Additional Cheesy Potato Wedges Toppings
- Put a scoop of Cowboy Caviar on there!
- Whip up some Homemade Chili Cheese Dip to add to your loaded potato wedges
- Chop up some jalapenos to sprinkle on top for some heat!
- Guacamole is always a good choice
- Smoked salmon
- Black beans
- Roasted veggies
How To Make Loaded Potato Wedges
PREPARE THE POTATOES: Cut each potato into four wedges and place them on a greased baking sheet (or line the sheet with parchment paper).
COMBINE THE SEASONINGS: In a small bowl, combine the oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Brush this mixture over each potato wedge so they’re all covered.
BAKE: Bake the wedges at 450 for about 15 minutes, or until they’re crispy.
ADD THE CHEESE AND BACON: Sprinkle the tops of the baked potatoes with cheese and (cooked and chopped) bacon. Return the wedges to the oven for 2 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
ADD MORE TOPPINGS: Top the cheesy potato wedges with sour cream, onions, and any other toppings your heart desires!
If you’re serving these crispy potato wedges as an appetizer, just about anything goes well with it! You can make a veggie tray, zucchini pizza bites, or some chicken fajita nachos. However, if you’d like to serve these wedges as a dinner side, I’d recommend serving them alongside a protein like chicken fajita kebabs.
Space them out on your baking sheet, and be sure to space them evenly. If you’re worried, space out the potato wedges with cheese even more by cooking them on two separate sheets.
Soaking potatoes in cold water before cooking reduces the amount of starch in them. If you’re using russet potatoes for this recipe, there’s already a smaller amount of starch in them so you don’t have to soak them. That said, if you’d like to cover your bases, you can feel free to soak them before you make your roasted potato wedges.
More Potato Recipes To Try
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes
- Taco Baked Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
Thanks so much for trying these loaded potato wedges — let me know how you liked them! Enjoy your football season. Go team!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all my latest updates!
Loaded Potato Wedges
- 4 large potatoes baked
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 6-8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- Cut each potato in 4 wedges.
- Place wedges on a greased baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper.
- Brush over entire potato wedge.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Return to oven to bake for 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and onions.