This Easy Fruit Salad is quick to make and perfect for a side dish, snack, or healthy dessert. Made with fresh fruit and a simple dressing that elevates the flavors, this salad is perfect for any occasion. Plus, it can be made ahead of time for added convenience.
This fruit salad recipe is incredibly simple and ideal for warm summer days. My kids love preparing this dish as well as devouring it. Additionally, you can use any fruits available to you to experiment with different flavor combinations.
Why You Will Love This Easy Fruit Salad
- No artificial sweeteners or refined sugar in this recipe!
- Uses easy-to-find ingredients
- The tastiest way to eat the rainbow
- Great for making ahead and for sharing at any get-together
DRESSING: For the dressing you will need fresh orange juice, lime zest, lime juice, honey, and vanilla.
FRUIT: The fruits I like to use are grapes (I like to use both colors), pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and kiwi.
How To Make This Easy Homemade Fruit Salad
STEP 1: Start by preparing your fruit. Wash, peel, and chop the fruit you have chosen. Place all fruit in a large bowl.
STEP 2: Combine the orange juice, lime zest, lime juice, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour over the fruit and lightly toss to combine.
Yes, this is a great salad to make in advance. You can make it up to 12 hours in advance. After that, the fruit may start to look a little less fresh. I don’t recommend adding bananas to this salad if made in advance.
I don’t recommend frozen fruit because when it thaws it becomes mushy and will not hold up in this salad.
Tips and Suggestions
- Feel free to use different fruits such as blackberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, and pitted cherries, just to name a few.
- If you use bananas, don’t add those until just before serving.
- Use ripe fruit that is in season for the best taste.
- Feel free to use canned pineapple and mandarin oranges. Just drain before adding.
Easy Fruit Salad
- 2 cups (490g) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups (310g) grapes
- 2 cups (300g) quartered strawberries
- 2 cups (290g) blueberries
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) Fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime zest, lime juice, honey, and vanilla. Pour over the fruit and lightly toss to combine.
- STORAGE: Store leftovers in the covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If choosing to use a banana, don’t add until ready to serve.